At FBCF Missions means more than putting a check in the offering and leaving the actual work up to someone else. At FBCF missions means me. Here you will be inspired as you hear stories of FBCF folks that are doing missions both here at home and overseas. You will be challenged to pray, give, and to take the good news of Jesus to people who may or may not have had an opportunity to know who Jesus is.
November 23-24 Lights of Tejas Volunteers - click HERE for info
December 8th Friendswood Christmas Parade - click HERE for info & to register online
* indicates that these can use volunteers now.
- Southern Baptist Convention - short term and career mission opportunities around the world and in North America. http://www.sbc.net
- World Hope Ministries International - short term mission opportunities overseas and in North America. http://www.whmi.org
- Texas Baptists - short term mission opportunities in Texas and around the world. http://www.texasbaptists.org
- Galveston Baptist Association - cooperative work with other Baptist churches in Galveston County. http://www.galvestonbaptist.org
- Friendswood Meals on Wheels - a coalition of seven local churches that delivers meals to senior adults and others that have a need for help with basic nutrition. Contact the office to volunteer 281/482-7573
- Center for Pregnancy - helping women that have an unplanned pregnancy. More than just an abortion alternative this ministry works with the girls and their partners to provide information, training, supplies, and support services.
- FBCF Food Pantry - providing basic food staples to individuals in the tri-county area. Contact the office to volunteer 281/482-7573
- Club ONE - an after school program at Westwood/Bales where children are introduced to Jesus. It is a voluntary after school club.
- His House Galveston - a ministry that provides housing for low income families that have long-term patients in UTMB or Shriners Burn Hospital. Call 409/938-8942 for additional information.
- Hospitality House - a ministry that helps families of men and women incarcerated in the TDCJ system in Huntsville, TX. It provides a safe place for families to stay as they visit with loved ones. It also provides ministry to families that have a loved one being executed by the State of Texas. http://www.thehospitalityhouse.org
- Heart of Texas Foundation (Seminary at Darrington) - transforming Texas prisons by training inmates to be pastors. Heart of Texas Foundation provides financial support to the Seminary at Darrington which is part of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary’s Havard School of Theology in Houston. http://www.heartoftexasfoundation.org
- Less than the Least Ministries - works in Texas prisons to share the gospel of Jesus, teach the Bible, to encourage and help men and women.
- End it Now/Redeemed Ministries - works in the area of Human Trafficking with emphasis on rescuing girls out of the bondage that human trafficking inflicts. http://www.redeemedministries.com
- Star of Hope - ministers to the homeless population of the Houston area through women’s, men’s, and family shelters. After school activities, mentoring, and other social programs. http://www.sohmission.org
- Bay Area Turning Point - works with women in crisis situations.
- Generation One - works in the inner city to help reclaim neighborhoods.
- Kids' Meals Houson - provides meals for inner city children. http://www.kidsmealshouston.org
- Mission Serve - sends teams of students to low income neighborhoods and communities to help with home rehab.
- Rick Caywood Ministry - all about feeding God’s hungry children by buying and transporting surplus food to ministry partners all along the US/Mexico border, and around the world. http://www.rcmcc.org
- World Hope Bible Institute - offers training for pastors in North America and around the world. http://www.whmi.org